- This event has passed.
Friday Oregon-California Trails Association Convention Speakers
July 28 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm CDT
The Oregon-California Trails Association and the Nebraska Chapter of OCTA present the “We Do Old In A New Way” convention in Gering. The convention will focus on the Oregon, California, Mormon Pioneer, and Pony Express National Historic Trails across Nebraska’s panhandle and eastern Wyoming (including the corridor’s usage by American Indians for thousands of years prior to usage by emigrants).
The speakers at the Gering Civic Center on Friday, July 28, are free and open to the public.
- 9:00 am Brian and Colin Croft – Map Presentation
- 10:00 am Broc Anderson – Trails & Rails
- 11:00 am Kylie McCormick – Marking the Trail Along the Nebraska/Wyoming Border
- 1:00 pm Cindy Pierce and Gina Rhoads – The Captive Lucinda Eubanks
- 2:00 pm Cody Assmann – Oshkosh Fur Trade
- 3:00 pm Scott Alumbaugh – Bikepacking the Pony Express Trail
- 4:00 pm Jeff Broome – The Fletcher Sisters 1865 Indian Captivity near Rock Creek Station
For information about the full convention, visit the convention website.