Invest in Humanities Nebraska
Your financial gift to Humanities Nebraska helps enrich the lives of Nebraskans through programs that explore our history, literature, music, politics, philosophy, and other humanities-based disciplines that illuminate the human condition. With support like yours, we are able to serve Nebraskans of all ages, from all walks of life and in every corner of our state. Thank You!
Ways to Give
Help kids maintain their reading skills and bring the joy of reading home this summer by filling Prime Time Summer Reading Kits with HN! This summer’s history and culture-themed kits will encourage families to continue to read and discuss books at home with free books, a bilingual discussion guide, toys and activities.
Give now through May 26, and your gift will earn a proportionate share of a matching grant, increasing the impact of your dollars. Thank you!
- Advance notice of events via special communications and email
- Opportunities to visit with scholars from our Speakers Bureau, special programs and exhibitions
- Reserved seating at special events such as Chautauqua
- Invitation to the annual Patron’s Circle event, typically held in April
Many companies now offer employee matching gift programs in which the company matches donations made by employees to eligible nonprofit organizations. It’s an easy way to double your contribution to us!
Simply fill out and submitting the match form provided by your employer.
Humanities Nebraska accepts gifts of stock. Be sure to let us know when you make a stock donation so we can properly credit the gift to Humanities Nebraska. Contact Heather Thomas at firstname.lastname@example.org or 402-474-2131 and provide the following information:
- Donor’s Name and contact information
- Broker’s name and phone number
- Name/Trading symbol of shares
- Number of shares
- Anticipated date of transfer
Your broker will need the following information to make the transfer to Humanities Nebraska:
- Account Name: Nebraska Humanities Council
- Broker: Union Bank & Trust Company
- Account ID: 36555
- DTC: 2067
Once the gift has been transferred to our account, our bank will sell the shares and report the amount of the proceeds to Humanities Nebraska. We will send you a letter acknowledging the gift. Thank you!
The Nebraska Cultural Endowment represents a unique partnership between the State of Nebraska and the people of Nebraska. It is a special fund that helps sustain arts and humanities programming developed by the Nebraska Arts Council and Humanities Nebraska. Learn more here!
Join fellow visionaries by becoming a Legacy Donor. It’s as simple as including Humanities Nebraska or the Nebraska Cultural Endowment in your will or another planned gift. Legacy Donors transform the future of Nebraska’s cultural fabric to ensure every Nebraskan has access to the arts and humanities for generations to come.
Please contact Heather Thomas to discuss how you can ensure an endless tradition of arts and humanities for generations to come through your own legacy.
Download the letter of intent to notify us about your decision.
With a small staff and 400+ programs around the state each year, we are always looking for people interested in volunteering their time and talent. Fill out our volunteering form to get started.
The Governor’s Lecture in the Humanities is an annual event featuring a pre-lecture benefit dinner that raises critical funds for statewide humanities programming and a free public lecture.
Give Nebraska promotes responsive philanthropy through workplace campaigns for non-profits that improve the quality of life in Nebraska.
Here are just a few ways you help Humanities Nebraska impact our state every year:
- $300,000 in grants are distributed to other organizations for humanities programs throughout the state.
- The Speakers Bureau reaches about 50,000 Nebraskans in communities of all sizes.
- Hundreds of Nebraska high school students learn about important international issues and become more civically engaged through Capitol Forum for America’s Future.
- Prime Time Family Reading Time helps hundreds of underserved families learn about the importance of reading from trained storytellers and discussion leaders, increasing the odds that the participating children will stay in school and perform well academically.
- Thousands of people come together in rural Nebraska communities to celebrate and learn about our history through Chautauqua.
Thousands more Nebraskans experience and enjoy other Humanities Nebraska programs such as Museum on Main Street exhibitions, Nebraska Warrior Writers, and the Governor’s Lecture in the Humanities.
We are grateful for your support of our statewide mission to help Nebraskans explore what connects us and makes us human, thank you!
If you are 70 ½ or older and want to make your charitable contributions go further, consider making a direct transfer from your IRA to a qualified charity, such as Humanities Nebraska. This strategy reduces your income tax burden by lowering or even eliminating your required minimum distribution. Additionally, the QCD (Qualified Charitable Distribution) avoids income-based limitations in charitable contributions, allowing you to give more and create deeper impact.
There are many other potential benefits of using this tool and a number of considerations to account for in deciding whether this is an effective charitable strategy for you. HN encourages you to discuss this option with your advisor, indicating that you would like to continue or increase your charitable support in the most tax-efficient way possible.
Humanities Nebraska does not provide legal or tax advice. This information is general and educational in nature and should not be considered legal or tax advice. Consult an attorney or tax professional regarding your specific situation.