Invest in Humanities Nebraska
Your financial gift to Humanities Nebraska helps enrich the lives of Nebraskans through programs that explore our history, literature, music, politics, philosophy, and other humanities-based disciplines that illuminate the human condition. With support like yours, we are able to serve Nebraskans of all ages, from all walks of life and in every corner of our state.
Your tax-deductible contribution of $1,000 or more qualifies for the Patron’s Circle with special benefits
CSF promotes responsive philanthropy through workplace campaigns for non-profits that improve the quality of life in Nebraska.
Gifts of Stock
Humanities Nebraska accepts gifts of stock. Be sure to let us know when you make a stock donation so we can properly credit the gift to Humanities Nebraska. Contact Heather Thomas at firstname.lastname@example.org or 402-474-2131 and provide the following information:
- Donor's Name and contact information
- Broker's name and phone number
- Name/Trading symbol of shares
- Number of shares
- Anticipated date of transfer
Your broker will need the following information to make the transfer to Humanities Nebraska:
- Account Name: Nebraska Humanities Council
- Broker: Union Bank & Trust Company
- Account ID: 36555
- DTC: 2067
Once the gift has been transferred to our account, our bank will sell the shares and report the amount of the proceeds to Humanities Nebraska. We will send you a letter acknowledging the gift. Thank you!
Other Gift Options
Learn more about how to make gifts in memory, recurring gifts, stock gifts, or to include the Humanities Nebraska in your estate plans. Contact Heather Thomas at (402) 474-2131, or email@example.com.
With a small staff and 400+ programs around the state each year, we are always looking for people interested in volunteering their time and talent. Fill out our volunteering form to get started.
The Governor’s Lecture in the Humanities is an annual event featuring a pre-lecture benefit dinner that raises critical funds for statewide humanities programming and a free public lecture.
Donate by Mail
To invest in Humanities Nebraska by post, mail your check to: Humanities Nebraska, 215 Centennial Mall South #330, Lincoln, Nebraska, 68508. Thank you!
Why support Humanities Nebraska?
Here are just a few ways you help Humanities Nebraska impact our state every year:
- $300,000 in grants are distributed to other organizations for humanities programs throughout the state.
- The Speakers Bureau reaches about 50,000 Nebraskans in communities of all sizes.
- Hundreds of Nebraska high school students learn about important international issues and become more civically engaged through Capitol Forum for America's Future.
- Prime Time Family Reading Time helps hundreds of underserved families learn about the importance of reading from trained storytellers and discussion leaders, increasing the odds that the participating children will stay in school and perform well academically.
- Thousands of people come together in rural Nebraska communities to celebrate and learn about our history through Chautauqua.
We can’t thank you enough for your financial support of these programs.