Topics for National History Month
In honor of National Poetry Month in April, Humanities Nebraska is promoting programs that explore poetry and creative writing within history and culture.
The HN Speakers Bureau offers over a dozen programs that explore the poets both within and outside of our state, as well as poetry options for audiences of all ages. These programs are available to any non-profit or educational organization in the state.
Book a speaker today! Your application must be submitted 30 days prior to your event.
- Bright Leaves Flying: An Introduction to U.S. Poet Laureate, Ted Kooser
- The Conversation Through Time: An Introduction to Poetry of Nebraska
- The Journey of Spoken Word
- James Whitcomb Riley, the Fiddling Children’s Poet
- Poetry from the Plains
- Poetry of the African-American Cowboy
- Poetry of Women on the Land