Additional Policies for Educational Institutions and Youth Organizations
- Each organization and/or target audience is limited to two Speakers Bureau program or event per calendar year.
- Applications for a Speakers Bureau program must be received by HN no more than one year and no less than 30 days before the program date.
- Admission fees may not be charged for a HN Speakers Bureau program.
- The organization must fulfill all publicity requirements for the HN Speakers Bureau program (HN will send the organization a publicity packet after the request form is processed).
- The organization must pay a $50 processing fee ($100 for the second program in a calendar year) that accompanies the application form. The following high-use speakers have a $75 processing fee: Jeff Barnes, Cherrie Beam-Clarke, Darrell Draper, Charlotte Endorf, Sue McLain, and Joan Wells. Applications will NOT be processed without this fee. A $100 processing fee also is required if the second program is for a high-use speaker.
- Free or reduced lunch eligibility: In schools where 50% or more of the students are eligible for the free and reduced price school meals program, the processing fee for the first program of the year is $35 and $50 for high-use speakers. For the second program of the year, the processing fee is $100.
- The organization must prepare students for the HN Speakers Bureau program and follow-up after the program.
- The organization must have a teacher or adult youth leader present during the entire program.
- The organization may not use the HN Speakers Bureau program as a substitute teacher.
- Each organization is limited to two HN Speakers Bureau programs per calendar year. NOTE: An organization may not have two programs in CATEGORY II and another program in one of the other categories. Also, a target audience can receive only two programs per calendar year. For example, if a school sponsors two Speakers Bureau programs, the PTA may not also sponsor a program for that school.
- Organizations are responsible for paying speaker honoraria and mileage over $750. This does not include the $50 processing fee.
- Failure to comply with HN Speakers Bureau policies can result in the organization not receiving future funding from HN.
These policies are in addition to our universal program policies.