Category II. Educational Institutions and Youth Organizations
1. Your organization must be an educational institution or not-for-profit youth organization.
2. There must be an adult present before, during and after the program.
3. You must incorporate program as part of teaching and/or youth development mission.
4. You must prepare participants before program and follow-up after program.
5. You cannot charge for program, but you may charge for meals associated with program.
Examples of eligible organizations:
1. Elementary, Middle or High School
2. Colleges or Universities
3. Youth Organizations (Girl Scouts, Boy Scouts, 4-H, YMCA/YWCA)
Cost: A $50 processing fee must accompany the application form. There is a $75 processing fee for the following high-use speakers: Jeff Barnes, Cherrie Beam-Callaway, Darrell Draper, Charlotte Endorf, Sue McLain and Joan Wells. For a second program in a calendar year, the processing fee is $100. A $100 processing fee also is required if the second program is for a high-use speaker.
Free or reduced lunch eligibility: In schools where 50% or more of the students are eligible for the free and reduced price school meals program, the processing fee for the first program of the year is $35 and $50 for high-use speakers. For the second program of the year, the processing fee is $100.
Limitations: Two programs per school or youth organization and/or target audience per calendar year. Organizations are responsible for paying speaker honoraria and mileage over $750. This does not include the processing fee.
View the policies for a Category II program here.