Lincoln Prime Time Assistant wanted
Humanities Nebraska (HN), a statewide non-profit organization, is seeking applicants for one part-time position in Lincoln.
Prime Time Assistant Description:
Starting at $12 per hour, working an average of 10 hours per week, flexible schedule
Prime Time Family Reading Time and Prime Time Preschool are family literacy programs for at-risk children and their parents. Programs are held in public schools, libraries, and community learning centers. Bilingual sessions are offered for Spanish-speaking families.
The Prime Time Assistant will report directly to HN’s Director of Literary Programs and will be HN’s key liaison with all Prime Time Family Reading Time and Prime Time Preschool team members in Lincoln. The Prime Time Assistant will perform the following duties:
- Establish partnerships with Lincoln organizations to expand Prime Time’s outreach to new venues, supporters, and participating families;
- Work with each Lincoln Prime Time site to ensure they have the proper documents, materials, books, and information necessary to successfully implement Prime Time Family Reading Time or Prime Time Preschool;
- Distribute Prime Time program books (lifting required);
- Respond to questions and concerns from Lincoln Prime Time team members;
- Conduct site visits of Prime Time venues in Lincoln;
- Report activities and progress to HN’s Director of Literary Programs; and
- Perform related duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have a background in the humanities, be detail-oriented, self-motivated, and have good communication skills (verbal and written), organizational skills, and an interest in literacy and family reading programs. Knowledge of Spanish would be beneficial, but not required. This position requires use of a personal vehicle.
APPLICATION DEADLINE EXTENDED. We will accept cover letters and resumes through January until the position is filled. Interested candidates should e-mail a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Humanities Nebraska is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, age, national origin, ethnic, background, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.