Now hiring: Prime Time Assistant/Omaha
We are currently seeking applicants for one part-time position in our new satellite location in Omaha.
Prime Time Assistant Description:
$12 per hour, working an average of 10 hours per week
Prime Time Family Reading Time and Prime Time Preschool are family literacy programs for at- risk children and their parents. Programs are held in public schools, libraries, and community learning centers. Bilingual sessions are offered for Spanish-speaking families.
The Prime Time Assistant will report directly to HN’s Director of Literary Programs and will be HN’s key liaison with all Prime Time Family Reading Time and Prime Time Preschool team members in the Omaha metro area. Working from our satellite location in the W. Dale Clark Library in downtown Omaha, the Prime Time Assistant will perform the following duties:
- Work with each Omaha Prime Time site to ensure that they have the proper documents, materials and information necessary to successfully implement Prime Time Family Reading Time or Prime Time Preschool;
- Store, distribute and inventory Prime Time program books (lifting required);
- Respond to questions and concerns from Prime Time team members in Omaha;
- Conduct site visits of Prime Time venues in Omaha;
- Report activities and progress to HN’s Director of Literary Programs; and
- Perform related duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have a degree in the humanities, be detail-oriented, self-motivated, and have good communication skills (verbal and written), organizational skills, and an interest in literacy, history, and family reading programs. Knowledge of Spanish and familiarity with program evaluation methods would be beneficial, but not required. This position requires use of a personal vehicle.
We will accept cover letters and resumes until Friday, March 6, 2015.
Interested candidates should e-mail a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Humanities Nebraska is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, age, national origin, ethnic, background, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.